Create Citrix integrated apps for the mobile workforce.
No walls. No set hours. No limits. Citrix enables users to flexibly and securely work from anywhere. Empowering this freedom creates the unique challenge and great responsibility to continue to evolve the definition of a workplace.
That’s where you come in. In this challenge we want you to knock down the walls of today’s defined workplaces and eliminate barriers that prevent work from anywhere, anytime. Citrix Developer is your gateway to innovation, creativity and unlocking new ways to redefine how businesses evolve the work and life balance for their employees
Are you ready to take the Citrix App Challenge and redefine tomorrow’s workplace? Register for your Citrix Developer account today.
Join the conversation with #citrixappchallenge.
This challenge is open to:
- Individuals (who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry)
- Teams of eligible individuals
- Organizations (up to 50 employees)
- Large Organizations (with over 50 employees) may compete only for the non-cash Large Organization Recognition Award.
- Citrix Channel Partners, Citrix Ready Ecosystem Partners, and Citrix Technology Professionals eligible as long as they meet all other eligibility requirements.
- Employees of Large Organizations (with over 50 employees) are eligible as long as they enter the competition independent of their company and meet all other requirements.
Employees of Citrix and contractors currently under contract work for Citrix are not eligible.
Please see official rules for full requirements.
What to Create: Participants must submit an app that integrates with at least one of the below Citrix products. For this challenge, Citrix products/APIs/SDKs are split into two groups. Citrix’s broad portfolio of business solutions should give you a great pool of services to integrate with.
Product Group 1:
- GoToMeeting – online meetings
- ShareFile – secure file sharing and storage
- Podio – online collaboration and organization
- GoToAssist – online helpdesk
Product Group 2*:
- XenDesktop/Receiver/StoreFront – deliver virtual Windows apps and desktops
- XenMobile – Secure mobile devices and apps
Refer to the “Judging Criteria” below to optimize your chances of winning by integrating with a product from each group.
- Octoblu – a quick and easy cloud based platform to connect APIs and devices (Note: Use of Octoblu does not fulfill the Citrix integration requirement. It must be used in conjunction with APIs from group 1 or 2)
- Smartphone or tablet (iOS, Android, Blackberry, Kindle, Windows Phone)
- Web (mobile or desktop)
- Desktop (Windows PC, Mac Desktop)
- Software running on other hardware (including, but not exclusive to, wearable technology, open source hardware, etc.)
- Custom hardware which includes a software component (wearable technology, etc.)
Supplemental Material: You must submit a demo video (hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku) that walks through the main functionality of the solution via screencast or video. You must also submit at least one image/screenshot of your working solution.
New & Existing Solutions: Apps may be newly created or pre-existing. If the submitted app existed prior to the competition’s submission start date, it must have been updated to include a new Citrix integration during the submission period.
Testing: You must make your app available for testing by providing a link to access your installation file, a uploaded installation file, a TestFlight build, etc. See full testing access options.
How to enter
- Click “Register” to sign up for important challenge communications.
- Visit the Resources page to learn about how to access and integrate Citrix products into your app.
- Sign up for your Citrix Developer account.
- Create your app!
- Shoot your demo video and take screenshots of your functioning app.
- Provide a way for us to access your app.
- Get started on your draft and submit early!
VP of Operations & CIO, Citrix
VP Platform and Chief Architect, Citrix SaaS Division
Associate, New Enterprise Associates (NEA)
Quality of Idea and Market Value
Includes creativity, originality, and market value of the application idea – 30% weight.
Implementation of Idea
Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer and the extent to which the implementation utilizes a Citrix product integration – 30% weight.
Potential Impact and Solution Completeness
iIncludes the extent to which the application is ready to use and allows users to work better by increasing collaboration, productivity, time savings, revenue, etc. – 30% weight.
Although it is not required, submissions which include Citrix products from both product groups will receive an additional point towards their total submission score – 10% weight.